Join the HMFCU Team
At Houston Metropolitan FCU we don’t offer just jobs, we offer careers. We have an exciting work environment that will challenge your skills and strengthen your abilities. We offer competitive salaries, incentive programs, comprehensive medical/dental/vision benefits, paid time off, sick time, and a positive working environment.
If you are interested in a position, please email your resume to Human Resources with the position in the subject line.
HMFCU (a division of Plus4 Credit Union) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for maintaining the vault cash through periodic cash orders and daily balancing. Applies prudent cash management practices. Ensures that each teller has adequate cash to meet daily operational demands. To assist members with their financial transactions, involving paying and receiving cash and other negotiable instruments. To assist members with their financial transactions, involving paying and receiving cash and other negotiable instruments.
- To assure member service is top priority whether internally or externally; treat members and employees professionally with courtesy and respect. Keeps our “Value Proposition” to our members.
- Maintains the vault cash through periodic cash orders. Balances and provides tellers with funds to ensure sufficient cash is on hand to provide for daily member needs.
- Maintains and balances ATMs, balances ATM GL’s daily, and processes daily ATM deposits.
- Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, and loan payments; sells money orders and travelers’ checks to members; transfers amount from member accounts as directed.
- Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information and service.
- Post transactions to member accounts and maintains member records.
- Balances cash drawer and daily transactions.
- Cross sells credit union services.
- Troubleshoots and resolves member and internal inquiries in a timely, friendly, and accurate manner.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communications – the ability to speak and write clearly and effectively to achieve the desired effect in a variety of communications settings and styles. The ability to prepare and maintain confidential records and reports.
- Member Focus – the dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external members, use feedback for continuous improvement, and develop and maintain effective relationships.
- Time Management – the ability to effectively prioritize tasks to use time efficiently and attend to a broad range of activities.
- Creativity – the ability to generate new and unique ideas as solutions to operational or member service issues and develop non-traditional ways of doing business.
- Interpersonal Skills – Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
- Must be able to operate a ten key calculator and computer keyboard by touch. Must be good with detail to deal with numbers and names.
- Must have a proactive and positive attitude toward members, supervisors, co-workers, and the credit union.
- A high school education or GED.
- Minimum of one year of similar or related experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear.
- The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Nature of position requires physical mobility and the ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must have flexibility to deal with changing work hours and locations as needed.
Join our team by applying today!